Should I use Google Adwords for my Marketing Campaign?
Google as a company is a massively successful corporation that seems to leave success in its wake, so it’s easy to understand why over 80% of website owners rely on its CPC (cost-per-click) marketing agent, Google Adwords. That being said it is important to note that whether or not you use Google Adwords will not make or break you, but if you use it right, it may bring you a lot of success.
The Pros and Cons of using Google Adwords:
- You will rank higher on Google searches for your product or service
- You only pay money if someone clicked on your website
- Google Adwords will give you a competitive edge and a fighting chance against your competition
- Your ads are highly customizable in who they are delivered to
- Google Adwords is great for companies who can afford it
- Ads can cost anywhere between $5-60 per click
- Your ad will be competing with established giants in your field
- There is no guarantee that someone who clicks on your link will purchase your product or service
- Companies that pay more are more likely to be seen, making it a rich man’s game
- If you forget to turn off your ads on Google Adwords it can cost you a fortune
So when should you use Google Adwords?
If you have the money and an ad campaign that you are confident will pay for itself at an average of $6 a click, if you own an E-Commerce website, if you understand that Google Adwords is very much a high-risk high-reward form of marketing, and if you want to establish yourself on Google and Google Rankings are important to you, Google Adwords may work well for you. Many people find success through Google Adwords.
However, if you don’t make money from your website directly, or if the competitors in your field are too large for you to compete against, or if you don’t have the money to spend on an ad campaign, you may want to consider taking other paths to meet your marketing goals.
Don’t forget that there are plenty of ways to grow your business that don’t include Google Adwords, and it is important to recognize that Google Adwords is just one tool to get the job done.